This playground is located off Bell Parade, Geelong. If you take the scenic route to head into the Geelong Waterfront, chances are you’ve driven past this huge wooden playground. This playground, according to the signs, was a community project, which was constructed in 6 days. When you look at the different components of the playground, you start to wonder how that was even possible! This playground is nestled into a huge grassed area, with water views, toilets and BBQ facilities. There is plenty of parking.
- huge multilevel wooden playground, composed of bridges, steps, walkways, and different linking pieces.
- 2 smaller open slides, 3 enclosed slides
- monkey bars, rings
- balance beams
- 1 nest swing, 4 swings, 2 toddler swings
- rubber lined chain ladders for climbing, balancing upon
- tyres to climb in and down
- naughts and crosses
- flying fox
- cubby houses, lower level play
Exploring the different levels, however he was feeling particularly clingy with me, which made taking photos and getting him interested in playing by himself, a little hard. Eventually he was happy chasing dad up the playground and down the slides. He was also happy having a swing, as per usual. The playground was busy with kids of all ages when we visited, and the great thing with this playground is that there are so many different areas. If the kids get bored off playing here, they can bring a ball and kick in the huge grassed area adjacent as well.