Week in the life of…


6th – 12th April

Every year I buy a diary, and as the days in the new year tick over, I sit down at night, and write about things that I think I need to remember. This year, I felt it was more important, to help document Jack’s first year, and list the challenges and achievements that have been met. It’s now mid April, and I cannot remember where I’ve put my diary. Instead I use my phone’s calendar to document all my important appointments – be it, coffee dates, shopping expeditions or doctors appointments. When I finally find the time to sit down and think back over the week about what I’ve accomplished, I stare at the screen, looking at the pictures that tell the story for the week. This unfortunately, is also accompanied by many green teas, chai’s or coffees, and the remaining stash of easter eggs!

Working backwards, Leanne and I went to the Chevron Market in Werribee on Sunday. While Leanne and I frequent the Flemington Market, it’s nice to have a few more options, with different stall holders at other local markets. I bought a few gorgeous and creative dribble bibs. One local mum created a dribble bib with a chewy corner, taggie bits and scrunch material – teething toy and bib all in one! The other bib i picked up had a sewn in dummy holder – her son frequently removed the dummy clips, so this was a much more reliable method to ensuring the dummy (or toy) remains attached. Her details are https://www.hand-made.com.au/HollyBearHandmade. Leanne also picked up some little wooden toy trains and a fire engine – a boy can never have enough toys on wheels! And I couldn’t go past a geometric print soft animal thing Very unique, but hard to describe too!

Friday, Megan, Liam, Jack and I ventured into the city to have a look around the Toddler and Baby Expo at the Royal Exhibition Buildings. There were some good sales in regards to sleeping bags – I picked up a Love to Dream Inventa sleeping bag and an ergopouch sleepsuit bag, as well as a few odds and ends like pram hooks and sippy cups. The boys had a quick play, well tummy time, out in the sunny gardens, before we headed back home on the train.

I was booked into an ultrasound on Tuesday, after the Easter weekend. I had found a lump that I hadn’t noticed before, and with my family’s history, I thought that I had better jump to it and get it checked. Even though everything was fine, as I lay on the bed in the same room, that nearly a year ago, showed the first pictures of Jack, growing in my tummy, it made me realise how precious life is. So for all those reading this, please make sure you check yourself monthly – I know that I will be.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *