Woodlea’s newest playground, in stage 4, is within viewing distance of Frontier Park. According to Google Maps, it’s off the map! The best way to explain it is as follows – drive past the epic first park where the display homes are, drive past the second epic Frontier Park (turn Right onto Frontier Avenue) and follow that down until you can see the slides peaking through the gap between the houses. The playground is on Pioneer Drive. If you travel in the car with a toddler, you will understand why driving past so many playgrounds to get to another, is a cause of great angst. Thankfully this playground kept Jack busy enough that he didn’t mind missing out on a trip to the others. A small suggestion for those that venture here – bring a scooter or bike! Jack would’ve loved to ride over the bumps and edges that surround the play equipment.
- BBQ facilities, covered seats, drinking water tap and beautifully landscaped gardens.
- 1 ladder leading to 2 enclosed, twisty slides
- 1 nest swing
- 1 tunnel wall, with mini slides and circular openings
- 1 see saw
- 1 spinning platform
- sand pit with water pump (wasn’t working when we visited)
- 4 swings (2 with baby harness)
- brightly coloured path around the play area, with bumps for bikes, scooters, skateboards. Also had an area of raised edges further around.
- large tunnels
- adult gym equipment
- grassed area
Lots of things about this playground! The textures, the slides, the bumpy path to run around and the tunnels to investigate. He took a bit to warm up the climbing the rope ladder to go down the slides, but after the first time, he kept going back over and over. We had a turn on the see saw but was slightly unsure. I attempted numerous times to get some nice photos of him ‘peeking’ through the cutouts in the wall, but he just couldn’t be convinced! After testing out all the playground equipment, he even tried some of the exercise equipment as well!