We were lucky enough to have a spare weekend and headed up to Echuca for a mini break. Jack loved going for a ride on the Paddlesteamers along the Murray River. This playground is opposite the car park and loading ramps for most of the Paddlesteamers, so you can hear the Paddlesteamers departing and arriving back to dock. It is close to the Port of Echuca Discovery Centre, which means that toilets are close by too. The playground is fenced along the closest points to the major roads. It features a replica paddlesteamer steering wheel so that the kids can imagine that they too, are driving the big paddlesteamers.
- large boat shaped structure, with numerous climbing features including netting and balance items
- climb up the chimney to the top level with the replica paddlesteamer steering wheel
- large enclosed slide
- small house shaped structure with small slide
- 3 swings, including high back special needs swing set
- 2 spinning elements
- spring rocker
- giant turtle
- seating, drinking water fountain
Jack loved steering the paddlesteamer! We had just finished our ride on the Canberra Paddlesteamer and had decided to check out the playground as the weather was starting to clear. He loved climbing up both the chimney and the netting at the front, to steer the wheel. He attempted the multiple climbing and balance elements and is always happy to have a swing as well.