This playground is located near the corner of Alison Street and Clutha Way, in Truganina. A friend actually told me about this one, so I headed down to investigate. The weather was less than lovely and the wind whipped through, but Jack didn’t seem to even notice! He happily ran from structure to structure, investigating what was next. I’m sure Jack will want to come back for another play – he loved the flying fox!
- sand area, with digger
- smaller play structure
- rock climbing wall
- fireman pole
- balance walk
- balance bridge
- 2 swings, one with baby harness
- large net climbing structure
- balance components
- net tunnel
- 2 flying fox poles
- 1 deep seat, which I would assume would seat an adult with a child on their lap.
- 1 suitable for older kids, who are comfortable wrapping their legs around to hold on
- 1 large pendulum nest swing
- 4 person seated spinning equipment
- covered BBQ area with seating
- half basketball court
- some skating areas
Jack loved the flying fox! It was too big for him to comfortable get in by himself, and it was slightly awkward helping him in as well. The flying fox has a raised platform for you to ‘load’ into, but the seat didn’t seem to go back far enough to allow Jack to hop up without it being on an awkward angle. But anyway, once he was seated, he was comfortable and wanted numerous runs!
Jack keeps surprising me with his climbing abilities – he eagerly pulled himself up to the steps and navigated through the net tunnel. He also climbed to the top of several sections in an attempt to chase me.