in Altona Meadows, this park has been on my list to visit for awhile. It was updated late last year, and there are still works in progress – toilets aren’t far off being finished. The park is quite sizeable, and appeals to kids of all ages. The equipment is modern, the dual flying foxes look like great fun, and the addition of the water play creek looks great for the warmer months. Jack however, still thought it was great to play in the middle of winter!
- water play creek, with pump
- double flying fox
- fishing play – fish scales, fishing rod (that appeared broken at the time), 2 steering wheels
- spinning carousel
- gyro swing
- little play house
- BBQ, shelter, toilets (opening soon)
- landscaped gardens, with pathways
- next to the off-lead dog park and several ovals
the water play area. Although he wasn’t strong enough to pump the pump, he liked splashing in the remnants of the puddles. He was happy to have a play and wander the paths and bridges throughout the park, Much to my disappointment, he didn’t want to have a go on the flying foxes. He did like the big chair, with the view of the city skyline, but think it was more the novelty of climbing into it, rather than the view!